How periodontal treatment is performed :
- Initial consultation with medical questionnaire, and complete x-ray review to check bone level.
- Analysis of gum condition and depth of periodontal pockets.
- Explanation of the periodontal disease.
- Bacterial test if necessary.
- Initial treatment consisting in disinfecting gums and roots.
- Depending on how much teeth have loosened, different surgical techniques may be proposed.
It is important to keep in mind that periodontal maintenance and use of interdental brushes are key to the treatment.
The patient’s motivation and involvement in their own treatment is also essential.